Sunday, October 25, 2009

Midterm Portfolio



I have always had an issue drawing objects placed in front of me. Normally I would take a picture and draw from that. This class as greatly helped me in this area. My proportions are improving because I am learning to look for landmarks on the human body, which can be transferred into any object I am drawing. Though, I have improved I still need much more improvement in this area. The placement of the form is also an issue. I may get the general areas such as the rib cage in relationship to the pelvis but the placement of the appendages still cause me issues. I want to fine-tune my proportion skills so I am able to draw the model in front of me without difficulty placing the parts of the body. I also have a major issue with contour drawing. This has been a weakness since I first did it. I don’t have a lot of experience with it and can’t seem to make it work out. I also need to clean up my line work. I have a tendency to draw many lines till I get it right and then erase the wrong ones. My mannequin has issues of its own that need to be addressed. I can see the relationship between the muscle or muscles they show but when trying to put them together without seeing it in front of me I am just guessing. I also tend to make the muscle a little too thick or meaty. If my mannequin were a real person he would be absolutely huge and put most body builders to shame. There are many things I want to learn but there is only so much time. I just hope to come out with a better grasp of drawing from life, that is the key thing I want to improve upon. 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44023489@N06/

No comments:

Post a Comment